SCENIC SPOTS

Lianhua Zen Temple

Lianhua Zen Temple

It was first built in 1810, the first year of Jiaqing in the Qing Dynasty. The right servant of the Ministry of works, Jiang Yupu, Liu Yu of yinandao, Ni Shiyuan and Ni Xiu of Kunming built Lianhua temple with "Biyi Pavilion" as the center. Later, it was renamed Lianhua temple. Lianhua temple and Yuantong Temple stand side by side, with Yuantong mountain and Lianhua facing the water. They have their own characteristics and complement each other. They were the religious sites with the highest fragrance at that time. They lasted for more than 140 years before and after the Republic of China.

In 1934, it was rebuilt by the order of Long Yun, the chairman of Yunnan Province. After the reconstruction, it has successively been used as the air force club, special recruiting office of urban defense command, hotel and library. With the changes of the years, after several repairs, the style of Lianhua temple is still the same. The antithetical couplet of "ten Mu lotus fish world, half city willow Buddha tower" hanging at the front door of the Buddhist temple was created by Ling Shiyi of the Republic of China, reflecting the beautiful scenery of the green lake like poetry and painting.

Previous: None
Previous: None
Back to list

E-mail:1360938257@QQ.COM     Address: No. 67, South Cuihu Lake Road, Wuhua District, Kunming, Yunnan Province, China

All Rights Reserved  All Rights Reserved     Technical Support: China Power Technology Kunming